Ask a Question

Get free answers to your Constitutional Law legal questions from lawyers in your area.

Lawyers, increase your visibility by answering questions and getting points. Answer Questions
Puerto Rico Constitutional Law Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: Cobro obligado en el marbete por $5 "donacion" Roberto clemente es extorcion.. como puedo demandar?

Renovation marbete

Jose M. Rivera Santos
Jose M. Rivera Santos pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
answered on Jun 3, 2022


El Código Penal de Puerto Rico define el delito de extorsión como "Toda persona que, mediante violencia o intimidación, o bajo pretexto de tener derecho como funcionario o empleado público, obligue a otra persona a entregar bienes o a realizar, tolerar u omitir actos, los...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: With being far a way from my grandmother am I able to call the police to have people removed from her home

They are causing a lot of problems and neighbors are saying abuse is even happening in the house . Abuse to the elderly

Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
answered on May 13, 2020

Hello and thank you for using Justia.

You have been notified by a third party that your Grandmother is being subjected to Elderly Abuse. You must immediately call the Puerto Rico Abuse Hotline at (787) 725-9788 or (787) 721-8225 and report the abuse. In addition you can contact the...
View More

1 Answer | Asked in Constitutional Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: What are the latest most relevant constitutional law cases regarding the First Amendment' Establishment Clause?Fed+State
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
answered on Apr 5, 2020

You could visit the Supreme Court's blog ( and check to see if they have any First Amendment developments on this issue. If they don't have anything, you could run searches on your own, working back from 2020. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

2 Answers | Asked in Family Law, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Puerto Rico on
Q: 20 yr old female living in Florida. I want to get married. But my father doesn’t approve. Can he force me go back to PR?


Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
Nelson Jose Francisco Alvarez-Aponte
answered on Sep 3, 2019

Hello and thank you for using JUSTIA. In the state of Florida the legal age of majority is 18. Since you are a resident of over said age you are legally emancipated and thus are an adult byou can legally marry your boyfriend without your father's consent. You are of legal age.

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.