Coshocton, OH asked in Criminal Law, Real Estate Law and Gov & Administrative Law for Ohio

Q: Our deed was fraudulently transferred. The criminals have since been convicted. We have yet to have the deed returned.

This happened over 2yrs ago and the title office and everyone else has given us the runaround. The property has since taken on extensive damage due to vandalism ect.. What should be our next steps. Would the county be at least partially responsible for damages? The criminals were ordered almost $250,000 in restitution but the damage had increased since. Any help would be appreciated.

1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: If the original court proceeding found the transfer to be fraudulent, you can use that to seek a voiding of the transfer. You may need to file a complaint for declaratory judgment and quiet title.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.