Sarasota, FL asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for Colorado

Q: I was arrested on charges of harrasment and disorderly conduct based off of witness statements.

I feel there was no reasonable cause for an arrest to be made. The statements were false and I did not bother anyone in the building. The charges were dissmised in the interest of Justice. I am wondering if I have a potential case to sue for damages, economic losses, and non economic losses?

1 Lawyer Answer
Donald C Eby
Donald C Eby
  • Colorado Springs, CO
  • Licensed in Colorado

A: Potentially yes. These cases can be difficult. So you should consult with an attorney to discuss the facts, the law, your rights, remedies, potential outcomes, etc.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.