Rocklin, CA asked in Divorce, Family Law and Child Custody for California

Q: I'm a military wife with two children.(4,11) I have been a stay-at-home mom. I want a divorce

My husband has been going to school getting his degree and climbing the latter in rank with the army national guard. I have been home raising the kids which has left me with no type of income. He is aggressive and has a temper. I no longer feel safe with me and my children in the home. I'm trying to figure out what I am entitled to financially in a divorce so I can get my kids in a healthy environment? Is it possible for me to receive child support and temporary spousal support? We have been married for 5years.

1 Lawyer Answer
Maurice Mandel II
Maurice Mandel II
  • Newport Beach, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Hi. I am not a family law attorney, but IMO you need to protect yourself and your children from someone aggressive with a temper, before there is violence. Contact a family law attorney in your area right away. There may be local shelters for you to take your kids to. Spousal abuse can take several forms, including mental/emotional abuse as well as physical abuse. Get help right away.

Justia disclaimers below, incorporated herein.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.