Olympia, WA asked in Car Accidents for Washington

Q: Can I take someone to small claims court for driving and damaging my car?

They drove my car while under the influence 2 months ago but no evidence of under influence but I didn’t know they were, and now my car is damaged, the front bumper piece is coming off it’s 1800$ in damage

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Stan Glisson
Stan Glisson
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Port Orchard, WA
  • Licensed in Washington

A: Sure you can, if you can demonstrate that he or she is responsible for the damage. If you are interested in small claims court, here is a link to the Kitsap District Court's information page about small claims:


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.