Skokie, IL asked in Divorce, Family Law and Immigration Law for Illinois

Q: how can I report it effectively ? to make sure govt. takes an action

soon to be ex-wife .. trapped me into marriage and now we have a kid /// But it has been confirmed that she only married to get a green card ... How could I a US Citizen get some justice here .. she is still on student visa and her sister and brother in law are on employer provided green cards .. they are not even citizens.. I have filed for divorce and my attorney keeps saying just use the SSN tip line to report it ... I mean who is going to hold these people accountable to ruin my life ?

1 Lawyer Answer
George W. Svoboda
George W. Svoboda
  • Grayslake, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: Follow your attorney's advice. The tip line will work. This can get complicated, and your attorney is looking out for your best interest.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.