Tyler, TX asked in Family Law, Criminal Law and Juvenile Law for Texas

Q: There is a40 year old woman who asked my 16 year old son and his 17 year old friend to spend the night? What can I do?

They have stayed at her house before as friends to her 18 year old daughter. But this time she asked them to stay, according to my son. We think she may be providing drugs to them but we have no proof.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rick  Davis
Rick Davis
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Bryan, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You could prevent your son from staying there, unless he will not listen to you. You could also take your son to an independent lab and have him drug tested.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.