California City, CA asked in Civil Rights for California

Q: Civil rights attorney, I want to sue Dept of children services for removal of grandkids, only to dismiss case 10months

I was denied due process, and kids religion was violated.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: It would be helpful if you provided sufficient information to be of service. As grandparents, what legal right did you have to custody of your grandchildren? That would be step one in understanding what your rights might be. Grandparents don't necessarily step into the shoes of parents when it comes to custody of children. It is not a simple question you are asking. So write up a chronological summary of what happened, starting from when, how and why you had custody of your grandchildren, until they were taken from you. Name all the witnesses, both good and bad, and what they know. That will serve two purposes. First, it will make a record of everything that happened; then you can give it to the lawyer you will need to contact to help you, along with all the documents you have relating to the situation. It will later help to refresh your memory as time goes on. A good lawyer will know what to do with that information in hand.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.