Walnut Creek, CA asked in Divorce for California

Q: I have a question. My husband filed for divorce January 2019. He never served me and in August 2019 I finally just go

He now wants bifurcation so he can marry his girlfriend but I am opposing it because I am wanting to do the traditional route, Case Management, then Settlement and if necessary Trial. We are at this stage because of his dishonesty and failure to comply. Any suggestions on how to oppose it. If he gets his bifurcation he will drag his feet on everything else. We have very little to agree upon no property, no retirement no assets etc.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Just tell the Judge you just got served and that you have not had time to study he implications and that you would like temporary spousal support - best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.