Fort Worth, TX asked in Civil Litigation, Employment Law and Landlord - Tenant for Alabama

Q: I have an old, two years, unwritten lease with utilities with my employer who is also my landlord. Am I a tresspasser?

He is harrassing me to get out and says that I am a tresspasser but refuses to fire me, pay me, or give me a 30 day written notice to vacate although the Huntsville Police told him to do just that. He refuses to let me put the utilities in my name and he willfully let the utilities to be turned off to harrass me out of here. He has torn the functional living elements out of the kitchen so that I may not cook meals and there is no ventilation or heat working in the house. He has thrown my food in the trash multiple times while I am there or away and smashes or trashes my personal things. He has posted twice on the front and back doors that I am a tresspasser and not welcome there.

What do I need to do to get utilities back on, make him pay me my wages, pay my taxes, fire me so that I can get unemployment and a tax refund, issue me a 30 day notice to vacate so that I can get housing through VA and stop him from harrassing me and destroying my personal property?

1 Lawyer Answer
Sheila Crumley Field
Sheila Crumley Field
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Licensed in Alabama

A: Good grief! You need to hire a lawyer immediately! If you can’t afford one go to your nearest legal aide office! And good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.