Bel Air, MD asked in Real Estate Law, Consumer Law and Collections for Maryland

Q: How can I get a lien removed against my home?

In 2008 my home had a lien put against it due to a credit card debt with Citibank. In 2017, I tried to show a bank that I paid off the debt but Citibank has no record of the account. I was still able to get a loan despite the lien but in the future this will still be a problem especially if I want to sell my home. I am afraid to contact the law firm Margolis, Pritzker, Etal that put my home on the lien. because they may not act on my best interest.

I am also wondering if there is a statute of limitation on Harford County property liens but so far I have not been able to find any information on this. Hope you can help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Leonard A Englander
Leonard A Englander
  • Collections Lawyer
  • Annapolis, MD
  • Licensed in Maryland

A: In that case, you will likely want to retain an attorney to reach out to the firm on your behalf to see what can be done.



Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.