Anaheim, CA asked in Adoption, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Domestic Violence for California

Q: My parental rights were removed because of housing issues and one dirty test fast forward four years my children are

Still in foster care not being adopted my son in a group home suicidal my daughter attempted suicide its in my my greatest concern but belief that they have sustained more damage and trauma in foster care unstability and now seperation than ever with me my kids want to come home they have been in and out of mental hospitals they take antidepressants nd are suffering what can i do please

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You should reach out to a lawyer who is a certified specialist in family law in or near Orange County to get the help you need to be reunited with your children. Four years, however, is a long time for you to have waited to do this, so be prepared to explain why, if you have not tried getting your parental rights back, it has taken so long for you to get to this point. Now may be the time for you to regain your parental rights, so start acting like the parent you want to be and do everything you need to do to get them back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.