Maple Heights, OH asked in Employment Law for District of Columbia

Q: How to get my SF-50 from my former federal agency?

I am a former government employee who left the federal government in 2014. My departure was due to an unethical SES who was removed from his director position due to complaints. Since leaving, I have worked as a contractor, I have passed my security checks. I am in the process of emailing my former agency for my final SF 50. What possible recourse would I have if my final 50 has any averse information? Thank you.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew T. Famiglietti
Matthew T. Famiglietti
  • Washington, DC
  • Licensed in District of Columbia

A: You may obtain copy of your most recent SF-50 by requesting from the National Archives and Records Administration, Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.