Wichita Falls, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Juvenile Law for Texas

Q: What can I do when a judge coerces me out of my fifth amendment right, mocks me for contacting local Rep in congress?

I was belittled and coerced in a court of law by a judge and the opposing parties lawyer. The judge told me even though I was denied a continuance I requested due to inadequate representation of counsel, that if I plead the fifth that she will pursue me as guilty and if I don't answer the questions shell make me an accessory and charge me with the fullest extent of the law. The same judge had me cross examine a witness . The judge was mocking and laughing at me making fun of me for calling the House of Representative member and senator for my local area about the case . I was yelled and cursed at by the judge . I have the audio of this. So what can be done when the judge becomes an immature petty biased mean girl ?

1 Lawyer Answer
Rick  Davis
Rick Davis
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Bryan, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You may try contacting the State Commission on Judicial Conduct. http://www.scjc.texas.gov/

Michael Hamilton Rodgers agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.