Hawthorne, CA asked in Family Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Domestic Violence for California

Q: i am being sued by my ex but hes lying and i have evidence to show... What can i do i cant afford a lawyer

my ex was arrested 3 times for domestic abuse against me and he is a chronic alcoholic and is very obssessed with me... He lied to the poice and had me falsley arrested and then filed a civil lawsuit with a whole bunch of lies claiming to be the victim. But i have plenty of evidence to show he is lying and witnesses to testify. he also has been arrested in the past for domestic violence. I really need help. i dont have money for an attorney

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: if you can get him to agree to a binding mediation without lawyers consider:

Rich Gordon , mediations only w/o lawyers; 619 867 0904

zoom......and then they talk to their lawyers.

Lake Mirage CC

Rich Gordon



619-272-7001 (fax)


Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.