Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law and Legal Malpractice for Oklahoma

Q: How do i begin to file for a re-sentencing or bring it to the court's attention of an 8th amendment right being violated

Was charged with a crime that should have essential been lowered, is admitting guilt but it should have been a lesser charge,was not made aware of any plea bargins,never made an initial statement, wrong lawyer is on paperwork, mental state and being extremely intoxicated was not mentioned

1 Lawyer Answer
Pete David Louden
Pete David Louden
  • Norman, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: The best place to start would be to consult with criminal defense or appellant attorneys that have a lot of experience with post conviction relief. The attorney would need to review your case in detail and then would be able to explain your best options.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.