New Bern, NC asked in Criminal Law, Employment Law and Federal Crimes for North Carolina

Q: I’m facing a larceny by employee class h larceny felony, I have no criminal record at all, was told there was video

However, I was never read my Miranda rights when first arrested and never was until I was in front of the judge for my very first ever court date... a day later. I’m not sure what to do as this is my first ever run in with the law.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ina Shtukar
Ina Shtukar
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You should retain a criminal defense attorney. He or she may be able to make all the difference. Do not face this alone! Once the case is resolved, you could probably expunge it. Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.