Bethlehem, CT asked in Civil Litigation, Consumer Law, Internet Law and Juvenile Law for California

Q: I’m a 17yo minor. I “signed” a contract with PayPal when I was 12. I disavowed it. Their stonewalling me. What can I do?

EDIT: I signed it when I was 11

I was scammed a large amount of money for virtual goods (one of the people scammed me in BTC aswell) before I was medicated. I disavowed my contract with them, and told them that I want my money back (under “Contracts with minors 4318.02). I’m also on the Autism spectrum (if that matters) Is there a way to recover the money? The law says that the money can be recovered but I am having a serious issue with having PayPal cough up the money. I live in CA and am going to a boarding school in CT.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: You may have a claim under various consumer protection and unfair business practice Acts. Contact a member of the Consumer Attorneys of California who deals with consumer debt issues. They give free consults.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.