Sacramento, CA asked in Civil Rights and Family Law for California

Q: Can I get the guardianship of my daughter voided because it doesn't confirm with Code of Civil Procedure section 415.30?

I was never notified about a petition filed for guardianship of my than 12 year old daughter. The grandparents weren't notified either, even though their address is listed on the filed petition.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Much more information is needed to competently answer your question. You need to talk to a lawyer who handles guardianship matters. Make sure you have all your documents copied, and prepare a chronology of events starting from the beginning. That should help you organize your thinking so you can provide a lawyer with all the important information you have.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.