Houston, TX asked in Personal Injury, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for Texas

Q: Hello I'm in need of a lawyer to help me fight for DEFAMATION , LIBEL, SLANDER. I have 3 cases with proof , evidence,

Because of this false information I was slandered with public my health is not good. My blood pressure hit the roof. My depression isolates me. I have a eating disorder (obesity) My reputation is ruined and my kids are getting questioned in public. My stress is making my hair fall out. My nerves are making my right side of my face numb. I could end up having a heart attack. I appreciate if you read my story and help me get justice. My succeed in getting a job has failed. I feel worthless and I can't get out of bed to become successful. My world closed up on me. I know I'm not getting hired because of the false information of my behalf

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Texas attorney could advise best, but your post remains open for a week. I'm sorry for your difficult and painful situation. You could consult with defamation attorneys to discuss whether you have any recourse. Keep in mind that these types of cases are not usually handled like car accidents, where the attorney is only paid upon a successful outcome, and you owe nothing if the case goes nowhere. With defamation cases, attorneys often charge hourly, win or lose. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.