Edinburg, TX asked in Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: Is there something I can do for my father's felony charge 25 years ago that got him deported

My father was charged with a felony 25 years ago from a drug charge

1 Lawyer Answer
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
Michael Hamilton Rodgers
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: The question is, what do you want to do about that matter? You say your father was charged with a felony drug offense but you don't mention what actually happened to the case? Did he plead guilty? Did he go to trial and lose? Or did he get deported before anything happened in the drug case? If he was deported before his case was finished (by guilty plea or trial), then it might be possible to get something done that would help him. We just need to know more about his case before we can answer your question.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.