Rock Island, IL asked in Civil Litigation, Family Law, Civil Rights and Gov & Administrative Law for Illinois

Q: What part of the law would I find Bias Judgement, Colleagues, and what to do when case involves a Circuit Clerk employee

I have a custody case were the sister works for the Circuit Clerks office. Her and the girlfriend came up with a well calculated plan to make my character out to be a low life junkie so my ex could gain custody. They have gone as far as emailing where I live stating I deal drugs out of my apartment. I have the email they sent and the girlfriends name is on the picture they submitted under a somewhat false email address. They both have taken EOPs on me when my ex false allegations failed to stick and his attorney refused to serve an EOP on me. There over 18 false police reports on me. The girlfriends EOP is in Appellate Court because I'm receiving a bias judgement based on the sister. The judge on the sisters EOP and Custody case (same judge) as already said no judge will be able to recuse themselves. I'm working on a motion to move venues based on bias judgement. I don't stand a chance if I stay in my county.

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing

A: your efforts are better spent working on your custody issues. Arrange a visitiation eval with a social worker, etc. but you need an attorney. d.i.y. is getting you nowhere. Trying to tell a judge the system is biased doesn't get an unrepresented person anywhere. You need an attorney to build a case you are not what you are made out to be. Only then can you possibly be successful in custody and then in a slander /libel case against the others. Get a lawyer. Now.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.