Celina, OH asked in Contracts, Medical Malpractice and Employment Law for Ohio

Q: Can I sue my dr?

I had turned in paperwork for FMLA to my dr at an appointment. I filled everything out on my end and paid the fee to have it done. I was fired from my job of 10 years due to points and the fact that the fmla paperwork didn't get turned in. Before the due date of my paperwork I had called my dr and they had informed me it would be turned in asap. We went to the dr yesterday to find out what happened and they said I fell through the cracks and that they messed up badly. For this mess up (that I reminded them of) I lost my job of 10 years. They are admitting fault to this.

1 Lawyer Answer
Joseph Jaap
Joseph Jaap
  • Cincinnati, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Use the Find a Lawyer tab to retain a local employment law attorney who can review all the facts of the situation and your termination and advise you, and then contact your employer about any violation of FMLA that the employer might have done. That might get your job back.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.