Crescent City, CA asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for California

Q: Can A temporary Guardian of my child Up and move out of the county in CA without telling me ?

This guardianship is completely unjust, it has been done behind my back when i asked my sister for help she agreed no court involvement, signed the notarized document in a green ink. She involved the courts without informing me nor having me served, she hasnt let me see my kids in a year and hasnt let me talk to them in 8 months, she up and left the county 2 days before termination of guard hearing i had filed in march and held in july. she sold her house and left didnt tell me or the courts. The courts are playing dirty along side the advocate and the investigator with no doubt there was no reason to ever give her this legal guard and to deny me termination. it should have never taken place to begin with! My sister is a fraudster professional criminal and doing this for financial gain with no doubt in my mind, she is trying to keep my children forever and i dont know what to do my parental rights havent been suspended but im treat as if they have no cps involvement and no removal.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need a family law lawyer right away to help you enforce your parental rights. Search for a female attorney with expertise in family law, guardianships and conservatorships. You can go to your local county bar association and ask for their lawyer referral service to help you find the right attorney for you. Do not delay, for time is of the essence.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.