Boca Raton, FL asked in Civil Litigation, Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Government Contracts for New York

Q: Workers compensation.

How do I take my workers compensation case to the Supreme Court? Workers compensation denied my financial benefit because I was force to quit my job due to my injury at work. I got ran over by a garbage truck while working and I had no support in the city I was living in so I had no choice but to move back home with my parents. I got surgery in October of 2020. I've been out of a job since December 2019. I have five screws in my foot and barely could walk without having any pain in my foot every time I walk.

My orthopedic doctor put me on permanent disability and they're still not trying to give me any financial help.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: This sounds like a very thick and complex file, and one that could involve multiple attorneys - workers' comp, disability, and depending on the role of the truck, possibly third-party action(s). Based on the serious injuries you describe in terms of five screws, you may want to discuss this in further detail with your WC attorney attorney if you have one, or if you do not, to reach out to one. If you have not already done so, you may also want to consider discussing the matter with a disability attorney. It is difficult to offer more specific step-by-step instructions - there is a lot to sort out here and a number of questions arise. If you reach out to an attorney if you are not already represented by one, that might be a good starting point. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.