Tulsa, OK asked in Domestic Violence, Criminal Law and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: Is a motion to hear new evidence how you get a judge to rule victim abused a protection order Okla Statute 22-60.9E ?

the victim made false allegations, omitted exculpatory evidence, and presented a materially altered protection order to a law enforcement officer to effect an arrest. The first chance Defendant talked to public defender he had him talk to the DA about the exculpatory evidence that negated their affidavit of probable cause. The charges were immediately dismissed for insufficient evidence. '

Long story short the defendant had two paid attorneys that he fired before being assigned the public defender. Public Defender and their office will not return calls. The Defendant spent 5 months in jail because of the false accusations. The 5yr, protective order has been in place for a couple of years by default judgment. The DA wont press charges (outside scope of his duties) until a report is made and investigated. The sheriffs office won't do investigation or take a report because they seem to think because a detective had probable cause to charge defendant they can't do anything.

1 Lawyer Answer
Charles Watts
Charles Watts
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: Based on that, you need to hire an attorney and let them go through your case to determine exactly what has happened, and your best course of action to move forward.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.