Santa Maria, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Construction Law, Real Estate Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: Can I file a law suit for discrimination, harassment and mental anguish against my home association board members!

The president and other board members of my home association conjured to propose penalties against me. They are prejudicially and selectively isolating and discriminating against me based on my race, creed, and national origin. They conspired to create and to apply fictitious rules and false schemes solely to me. They are reinventing and changing the CC&R rules and regulation to suit their pursuit and purpose of discrimination and prejudice. Their goal is to disallow me from continue living in the community and have quite enjoyment as a home owner and ultimately forcing me to sell and move out. Other home owners and all board members predominantly “white” were excluded and not subjected to the same harassment and bigoted requirement and application to these altered rules.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Sounds like you need a good lawyer.

Start by looking for good civil rights attorneys; there are many good ones between Los Angeles, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. Do a Google search and then start calling and talking to as many as you can until you find someone who indicates s/he can help you.

You can also go to the bar association websites for each of those counties, because they all have lawyer referral services which can be very helpful. So get to work.

2 users found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.