Marietta, OH asked in Consumer Law and Small Claims for Ohio

Q: Signed an agreement with an unlicensed contractor to do repairs on from a fire and come to find out hes not licensed. C

Can I cancel the agreement? And he won't give me any receipts that I paid him up front...and he also lied about the amount he promised my bf working for him. We were helping him out with letting him have the job and getting his name out there and he tried to pull one over on we have any rights to void his agreement?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Nicholas P. Weiss
Nicholas P. Weiss pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Yes. If you've paid him, but only because he told you he was licensed, then the contract was induced by fraud. Take note that if he did any work, you may have to provide some kind of compensation.

This may also be a violation of Ohio's Consumer Sales Practices Act.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.