Ontario, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Federal Crimes and Civil Rights for California

Q: i had last weekend the law enforcement breaking into my home without a warrant what can i do?

The law enforcements denied to show me or provide me without a warrant, order or any document of why they were break into my home, they also denied to provide me their names or where they were coming from, they search all over my place, they left a mess, i didnt consent their access to my address, plus i wasnt event at home, and when i call the local authority the refuse to attend stating that they were not going to get involve and they already know they were coming. I dont have any matters with the law, they pepper spray my dogs and scare them with teaser. But the point is that i don't think is legal for the law enforcement of another county come and perpetuate my home like im a delinquent now I have a broken door that i cant fix because im going to financial hardship and im leaving with a broken door, for this abuse of authority. But no warrant? Order? Name? Or agency? They suppose to tell you right? What can i do? This is not ok

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You will need to retain the services of either a criminal defense lawyer or a civil rights lawyer to help you get to the bottom of this.

You will need to file a claim for damages against the agency or police department whose officers damaged your property. There are very strict deadlines within which to file your claim, so make sure you contact several lawyers right away to help you. Do not delay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.