The Villages, FL asked in Contracts, Appeals / Appellate Law, Environmental and Land Use & Zoning for Florida

Q: Live in a CDD, adjacent to StormWater Area & wetland. Purchased for privacy. Area behind my home is floodzone AE.

There's a "No Public Access" permit condition in deed restrictions, "no public access" sign at entrance. The plat illegally shows "RECREATION"

People ignored the sign, talking and disturbing me at all hours. Property Mgmt sent a letter stating the area is No public Access. The next month, two couples went to the CDD and they removed the sign and ok'd access . After two years trying to get the privacy I paid for, I filed a lawsuit.

The plat is wrong and the Documents showing the CDD agreed to comply with all permit conditions, including agency requirements, and Stormwater rules, were not attached to the lawsuit. The judge dismissed the petition with prejudice. I am in search of an experienced appeal attorney with some knowledge of stormwater, CDDs, and land use.

1 Lawyer Answer
Barbara Billiot Stage
Barbara Billiot Stage
  • Real Estate Law Lawyer
  • Rockledge, FL

A: You can use the “Find a Lawyer” link on this page. Lawyers cannot contact you first. The dismissal with prejudice seems very harsh just for not attaching the documents.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.