Asked in Banking and Consumer Law for North Carolina

Q: Can I sue a finance company for not reporting my loan paid in full for over 2 years ago which is effecting my credit

My credit score debt to ratio and mortgage loans

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lynn Ellen Coleman
Lynn Ellen Coleman
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: The first thing you need to do is send a dispute letter to each credit bureau enclosing your proof that the loan is paid in full. Access your credit reports at those credit reports will have the address to send your dispute to. Send the letter certified mail so you can track receipt, and save a copy of the letter with the enclosures. If that doesn't work, contact an attorney experienced in fair credit reporting.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.