Leander, TX asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Military Law and Social Security for Texas

Q: I need a lawyer to review some evidence I have to decide if I have a credible case and what the fee might be.

2 Lawyer Answers
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn
Elizabeth Fowler Lunn pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Social Security Disability Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC

A: You don't mention what type of case you are asking about. If it is a claim for service-connected compensation, I or another attorney can review your case and no attorney can charge you for that. The same is true for a Social Security disability claim. An attorney can discuss the case with you, but they cannot charge you a fee for talking to you about it. You also posted this question in a criminal law area, but if you have a question about possible/actual criminal charges, then you should consult with a criminal law attorney in your local area. You likely can be charged a consultation fee for that meeting.

John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: A good lawyer can review your evidence and tell you the value and whether or not it is admissible as evidence. Whether or not something is admissible often depends on what purpose or what theory of the case you are trying to prove.

I hope this helps.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.