Houston, TX asked in Bankruptcy, Foreclosure and Child Support for Texas

Q: I had a property lien on my home unjust but the attorney general, even after the back pay was discontinued (no arrears)

They refused to remove the lien . The AG over charged me for child support, financially crippling me , I had to get property tax loans , this went on for 10 years .. My way out was to refinance my house , but because of this fraudulent lien I was unable to refinance.. I’ve gotten the run around . Now my home has been foreclosed on , and. My home auctioned . I would need both foreclosure, and bankruptcy attorneys .

2 Lawyer Answers
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: What is your question?

John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›

A: It is hard to tell what your question is. Nevertheless, it seems like you want to know if you can un-do what has happened to you.

If the house has been sold at a foreclosure auction by the Bank, that is one scenario. If the AG has sold your property for past-due child support, that is a different issue. If you want to fight the AG's case against you that is another issue.

Please re-write us and tell me exactly what you want to do, and which debt you think has caused the sale of your home.

If it was sold at auction over 30 days ago, you probably can't do much. Let us know ASAP.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.