Houston, TX asked in Bankruptcy and Consumer Law for Texas

Q: I have a foreclose notice from my mortgage company and is TRO ( temporary restraining order) can stop foreclose

I have a small condo and our 5 family member live in this condo for last 21 years. This is only primary resident we have, during covid my wife lost her job and my parents move back to our home. I could not able to make any payment to my mortgage. I tried several time to modify or adjust the past due but they won't work with me. I received a foreclose letter and foreclose date will be 05/03/2022

My question is TRO can able to stop the foreclose temporary.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
David Luther Woodward
David Luther Woodward
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Pensacola, FL
  • Licensed in Texas

A: You can --through a lawyer--seek a temporary restraining order in District Court in your county. It is temporary--and I mean temporary. Don't expect more that 30 days till something will have to happen.

Go see a Bankruptcy Lawyer about a Chapter 13. That usually is the best way to force a revision of the situation.

Don't Dally

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.