Asked in Criminal Law and Immigration Law for California

Q: U.S. District Court Violation Notice - "36 CFR § 4.22" - "Unsafe operation". What are my options?

I got a U.S. District Court Violation Notice in Death valley National park under - "36 CFR § 4.22" - "Unsafe operation".- "Failing to maintain that degree of control of a motor vehicle necessary to avoid danger to persons, property or wildlife."

1. What are my options?

2. Does it has any consequence on employment, dmv, immigration?

3. is it a misdemeanor?

4. Can I contest this violation notice? or should I just pay the fine.

Please help, what is the best way. Thanks!

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers
Joseph Abrams
Joseph Abrams pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Santa Ana, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: This is basically a federal traffic citation, most likely an infraction. Like other traffic citations, it could impact your DMV record and insurance costs. It's very unlikely to have any effect on employment or immigration. You can contest the citation if you believe there is a basis for doing so, or you can pay the fine and be done with it.

- Law Office of Joseph Abrams, Anaheim, CA

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: i only accept cases in the greater Palm Springs area and do not handle matter like this.

more info is needed.

it sounds like an infraction for what would probably be a vehicle code violation for something like speeding.

if so it would go on your DMV record but might not affect employment unless your job requires driving.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.