North Canton, OH asked in Criminal Law, Gov & Administrative Law and Municipal Law for Ohio

Q: i am on probation in Cleveland muni court and Cuyahoga common pleas. common pleas has the longest possible sentence.

i am on probation in Cleveland muni court and Cuyahoga common pleas. common pleas has the longest possible sentence.

Under ORC Section 2951.022 | Supervision of concurrent supervision offender. It says that the court that has imposed the longest possible sentence has jurisdiction.

Is this automatic or do i need to file a motion so i don't have to keep taking an uber up to that county 3 times a month? I currently have to see 2 different POs in that county. I live in Stark County.

1 Lawyer Answer
Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: It’s not automatic, especially since the statute authorizes the judges to change the concurrent supervision rules more or less as they see fit. I would start with a conversation with the two probation officers before going to the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.