Dallas, TX asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury, Appeals / Appellate Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: I just found the court case number that awarded me $5.5 million from the ins. Co that my lawyer said did not exist I

Yes I want to recover this money, I need representation. It will have to be on contingency but if recovered I would pay more to the attorney that took the case than 33% much more.

2 Lawyer Answers
Arturo C. Aguilar
Arturo C. Aguilar pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Fort Worth, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Hey there, this matter seems pretty serious. Can I ask, what exactly is your question here? Do you seek to recoup the funds?

1 user found this answer helpful

John Cucci Jr.
John Cucci Jr. pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Houston, TX

A: If what you posted is true. You need to get a copy of the award or judgment. As it seems to be over 10 years old, there may be some time-limit issues.

If that $ is in a trust account for your deceased husband, you will need to get a court order from the surrogate's court to get it. If you have more questions just reach out again.

Please do not delay.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.