Chicago, IL asked in Criminal Law, Divorce, Civil Litigation and Domestic Violence for Illinois

Q: How do I submit or produce videos at my court trial? What are the rules of evidence to get them in?

How do I submit or produce videos at my court trial?

I have a small claims trial coming up and I would like to know how or what are the rules of evidence to get videos I would like to show the judge in my case.

I have put them in for discovery so the other party does have a copy.

I’m the owner of the video and I can attest to its authentication.

My video contradicts the other parties allegations in their petition and I would like to use it for evidence.

How do I get my videos entered going by the rules of evidence?

What can I say if the other party objects to the video?

Can the other party say they never authorized or gave permission to be recorded if they are in the video and it contradicts their allegations?

I was at my front porch recording two minutes prior of view of the other party in my video contradicting an act from their alligation and I continue to record so I can have evidence of them and the unfounded allegation.

1 Lawyer Answer
Alexander Ivakhnenko
Alexander Ivakhnenko
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Wheeling, IL
  • Licensed in Illinois

A: No attorney will guide you online how to practice law without an ability to supervise and monitor your actions as that would amount to malpractice.

Either seek guidance from requisite legal sources how to admit evidence in court or seek counsel.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.