Chico, CA asked in Family Law, Appeals / Appellate Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: I was denied services by dhfs for family reunification by a judge In butte county. I am seeking help filing for relief

I need to file a writ for violation of my civil rights to parent my child , to be referred to cps for services ro preserve family reunification and an opportunity to regain custody of my child. I have not been given my right to due process and was not served. The judge also did not charge guarsians with contempt for biolation of visitation order even though I have proof from an official of the court rhat rhey violated the order and they have continued to do so. The guardians do not cooperate in the finding of supervisors that they agree to and have suspended visitation without a court order ro do so.

1 Lawyer Answer
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi
  • Civil Rights Lawyer
  • Jess Ranch, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need a good civil rights lawyer to assist you.

Prepare a chronology of the events, list all the witnesses (both good and bad), telling the story of what has happened to you. Gather all the supporting documents you have, make copies of them all, and take all that to the lawyer you find.

There are many great lawyers and law firms near you who can help you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.