Asked in Personal Injury and Employment Law for Ohio

Q: I work for large Union tricking company I fell at home they are my chart medical record's can I refuse not be fired?

I have clearance paperwork from doctor

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Little Neck, NY

A: An Ohio attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for a week. You may want to repost this and add Employment Law as a category, as you have issues here that an employment law attorney would have better insight into than a personal injury attorney. Employers are going to want to see accident-related medical records that are relevant to the safe performance of a job, but from the brief question, it isn't fully clear if you are being asked to produce medical records that are not accident-related, or that raise issues of privacy. You should consider seeking the guidance of a qualified employment attorney here, so as not to test the patience of your employer, and to address any privacy issues you may have, which aren't fully clear from the question. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.