Hollywood, AL asked in Employment Law for Alabama

Q: Can my employer stop paying time and a half like is Federal law??? They only paid me the half not the time + half.

I worked 97.5 in 2 wks....i make $13 , so my rate with the 17.5 hrs will b $19.5 × 17.5

But thats not how they did it and i can't get this issue resolved!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

A: You should reach out to an Alabama employment attorney to discuss your situation. While most hourly-paid workers must be paid at a rate of 1.5 times their regular hourly rate for all hours worked over 40 in a workweek, this general rule does not apply to everyone. There are certain professions and certain methods of payment that have special rules, so you'll need to discuss your specific situation to figure out how to proceed.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.