Sylmar, CA asked in Education Law, Sexual Harassment, Criminal Law and Child Support for California

Q: at school 11y boy was punish by school, violation sexual harassment over a retaliation on bully second prior done t him

after communicating this to the office they still made him as he committed a sexual harassment act , he them explain that this boy gave him no choice and has been bully him, he try to talk to him but instead he escalated the situation to dropping his pats. as parent I feel that the school gas treated the situation in correctly and instead of providing a more safe environment, has created a more hostile place for my son.. he feel that he did not committed such violation, he was only reacting to his bulling, his grades have drop and he even says; i confronted a bully, who gave me no option other wise he was not going to stop and by me reacting this way. I was protecting my self. The other boy seconds before he pull my son's shorts Infront of everyone, he out his shorts up went to him. And asked him what you do that for. Then he runs sand on him and says this is what up" then my son responded by pulling his pants down. And was taken to the office accused of sexual harrasment act.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: as a parent, we all want to protect our kids from Bully

the first thing is to try to deal with the school, or school board.

i assume he was told drop your pants or we will beat you up?

write out a detailed summary and send to the principal requesting a response within

1 week or you "will pursue all your civil, and or criminal, remedies at your disposal.

you can always sue for damages in small claims.

if you have the assets, retain a lawyer on an hourly to contact the school for you.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.