Sacramento, CA asked in Consumer Law, Criminal Law, Family Law and Personal Injury for California

Q: Cps granted my child's father custody of my daughter even tho I informed them that he was on megans law.

My daughter started acting out down in GA and he sent her back to fresno . She informed us that he touched her and he admitted it. And also willing to sign over rights to me. What do I do in this situation please guide me because cps failed my daughter by knowing he was on megans law. What are the steps I need to do?

1 Lawyer Answer
Scott Richard Kaufman
Scott Richard Kaufman
  • Consumer Law Lawyer
  • Los Altos, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: So sorry. Sounds like you need to speak to the police immediately. If they can help they will. If not, they should give you direction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.