Moses Lake, WA asked in DUI / DWI and Immigration Law for Washington

Q: Recently I had court for a dui and they moved forward my court date because im a resident the one representing me

Doesn't know much about immigration so she told me to find someone and see what the consequences are

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Kevin L Dixler
Kevin L Dixler
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: If you are a green card holder, not just someone with an employment authorization card, then you will likely need to delay filing for naturalization.

You ought to hire a competent and experienced immigration attorney to determine when you should file for naturalization. Also, whether there is a more serious related charge based upon the DUI law in your State. Do this before you decide what to do in court.

Supervision due to a DUI will disqualify an applicant until the supervision is proven to be successful completed and terminated by the court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.