Los Angeles, CA asked in Employment Law and Child Support for California

Q: Can i sue my wifes employer for paying her under the table and she lying in court about her work hours and monthly wage?

Example, she stated she earns $1600/m. However she works 40/week × minimum wage $16= $640 × 4 weeks = $2560/m. She, reporting less helps her get more child support which isn't fair to me and my kids. Thanks in advance. Need a lawyer asap!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Brad S Kane
Brad S Kane
  • Los Angeles, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You likely have standing to bring a claim. You should speak with a family law lawyer about how to handle this type of hiding income.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.