Oroville, CA asked in Personal Injury, Elder Law and Libel & Slander for California

Q: Can I sue my grandson’s mother for harmful lies she tells about me? She is trying to alienate me from my grandson.

My grandsons mother has alienated my son. Now she is beginning the hateful vicious lies about me. I am 66 years old. My grandson and I have a very close bond. He loves his grandma and I love him. His mother doesn’t seem to care about the abuse she is causing to her son

She does not secure him in a moving vehicle she has had him with her while she door dashes leaves him in the car by himself she texts and drives while he is in her vehicle she takes selfies while she is driving with him in the car.

My grandsons mother needs mental help she is emotionally hurting my grandson

She had my grandson calling her ex husband daddy now she has my grandson calling her boyfriend daddy

She has eliminated several people out of my grandsons life that he loves very much. She has sabotaged my relationship with my daughter. This woman tells lies and she gets away with it. She is so mean and hateful

Because of her I suffer from acute anxiety a heart attack and sleepless nights losing my grandson

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Yes, anyone can sue for anything at any time.

The issue, in my opinion, is whether you can find a lawyer to accept the case on a contingency. That means the lawyer would not get paid unless the case settles/goes to trial with a verdict for you.

I think you will have a difficult time getting a lawyer and if you do..........COLLECTING ANY MONEY. IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE SHE HAS ASSETS.

however, you may not be looking for money and just to get her ordered to do what is in the kids best interest. Again, will a lawyer take a case like this other than on an hourly?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.