Euless, TX asked in Bankruptcy and Foreclosure for Texas

Q: Thank you for responding. My lawyer-motion to lift stay, his lawyer-requests denial. Can I respond to the court trustee?

I just wanted to clear up what I was asking. His bankruptcy is not yet approved and trustee is recommending it not be granted due to lack of income because he has not submitted the documents she asked for yet. (Schedule C, 3-months P&L, and complete tax return. I log on to Pacer at least once a day. Ex’s lawyer has requested my motion to stay be denied because they already included me in current bankruptcy Chapter 13. My ex and his attorney met last Thursday and completed a document and submitted it to the court. They went through my attorney’s motion to lift the stay point by point and I’m wondering if I am allowed to use the same form and format to the court and reply to each point as to why I don’t want to be tied to him for 5 more years. He has a history of not paying his bills and I’ve gone through his shenanigans for more than two years. I wanted to submit my own response and include supporting documents.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Timothy Denison
Timothy Denison
  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Yes. You can file your own response to the trustee but you are pretty much protected either way.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.