Shelton, WA asked in Criminal Law, DUI / DWI, Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Washington

Q: Where can I get help with my ongoing 3rd party claim with the other drivers auto insurance company in Washington State??

3rd time DUI offender plowed into our front yard, our fence, and our car at a high rate of speed. His car finally stopped only about 10 feet from the room in which we were at that morning. Our car was deemed a total loss as this was the only thing that stopped the driver from plowing right into our home. This also resulted in a diagnosis of PTSD in direct relation to the accident. I have sought and continue to receive medical (Behavioral Mental Health) care. I have been dealing with the other drivers insurance company as a 3rd party claim. They have settled our total loss vehicle, but we have yet to settle any property damage claim or bodily injury claim. I AM IN NEED OF AN ATTORNEY THAT CAN CAN PLEASE HELP ME AS I FEEL THE NEXT STEPS IN THE REST OF THE SETTLEMEMT ARE TOO DIFFICULT TO DO ALONE. I have EVERYTHING DOCUMENTED AND SAVED (documents, correspondence, accident/police reports, medical bills, doctors notes/summaries). This has just become too much for me to handle. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: A Washington attorney could advise best, but your question remains open for two weeks. I'm sorry for your ordeal. You're correct; this could be an overwhelming matter because of the number of elements it contains. You indicate seeking an attorney. Your best option is to reach out to attorneys to try to arrange a free initial consult. In addition to your own searches, you could use the tab above (Find-a-Lawyer). Also, most state bar associations have resources for attorney referral services. Good luck

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.