Andrews, SC asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Criminal Law for South Carolina

Q: I need advice about criminal cases and also police for violations against me. Also, for them not filing charges against

I need advice about criminal cases and also police for violations against me. Also, for them not filing charges against someone who stole my truck. It's complicated. Basically, if the police decide you better do things there way kr they will put charges on you rather they have evidence proof or not. Charged me with 2nd harassment because after 20 mins argue with them to please watch video of what they was called here for proved I was in the right. I told them if they wasnt going to see my evidence, they needed to leave, and get off my property. He said you will regret kicking us off property. 2 days later in jail. Had his deputy pull me over and sit on the side of the road while he wme t got a warrant sign with no proof or evidence of anything. He said he sat and watched me hit my neighbors house with headlights when I pulled into my house at night. And it is such a serious crime that they're going on charge me felony 2nd degree . so bad he watch and didnt video or stop me?? Hmmm lies

1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It sounds like you may benefit from consulting with a criminal defense attorney who can advise you on your legal options and help you understand your rights. An attorney can also provide guidance on how to file a complaint against the police for violations against you.

If you believe that the police are not filing charges against someone who stole your truck, you may want to contact the prosecutor's office or file a police report with another department to ensure that the case is investigated properly.

It's important to keep in mind that each state and jurisdiction may have different laws and procedures, so it may be best to consult with an attorney in your area who can provide tailored advice based on your specific circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.