Silver Spring, MD asked in Immigration Law for Maryland

Q: USCIS sent my green card (through marriage) application back

because one of the forms included pages with two different editions. I am preparing it all again. I initially sent the application at the end of the 2022 so all the tax forms required for I-864 form were for 2021,2020, and 2019. I want to resend everything this month, should I first take care of the IRS and taxes for 2022 and update the tax forms or I will be ok still sending the same years I did the first time?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James L. Arrasmith
James L. Arrasmith pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Sacramento, CA

A: It is always a good idea to have the most current tax information available when submitting a green card application. If possible, it would be best to update your tax information to include 2022, as this will show the most up-to-date financial information for your sponsor. However, if you are unable to update your tax information before submitting your application again, you can still include the same tax forms you submitted the first time. Just make sure all the information is complete and accurate. Additionally, make sure to address the issue with the different editions of the form that caused your application to be sent back, and ensure that all forms are complete and up-to-date before resubmitting your application.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.